Thursday, November 25, 2004
Here's the recipe for pumpkin pie:
6 1/2 pounds brown sugar
1 1/2 ounces cinnamon
1/2 ounce mace
1 1/2 ounces salt
30 eggs, slightly beaten
Six 14.5 ounce cans evaporated milk
3 quarts water
Two No. 10 cans pumpkin (the preface helpfully explains that a No. 10 can is a little over 6 pounds, depending on its contents)
1. Mix sugar, cinnamon, mace, and salt together.
2. Add beaten egg; mix thoroughly.
3. Mix milk and water; heat. Add hot milk and pumpkin to egg mixture; mix thoroughly
4. Place unbaked pie shells in oven. Pour one quart of filling into each pie shell.
5. Bake in hot oven (400 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit) about 15 minutes. Reduce heat and continue baking 15 minutes or until center of pie filling has risen level with crust. Remove immediately from oven.
posted by Sydney on 11/25/2004 01:08:00 AM 0 comments