Saturday, September 09, 2006
1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog's content and look?
Not really. If I had more time, the content would (might) be better. If I had more of an artistic sense, the look would be better.
2) Does your family know about your blog?
Of course. It's hard to hide when you're on the computer most of your spare time.
3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog?
4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts?
It made more likely to challenge the conventional wisdom of my profession.
5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you
love to go and discover more by yourself?
I like to read all kinds of blogs.
6) What does a visitor counter mean to you?
It reassures me that I'm not out here in cyberspace talking to myself.
Do you like having one on your blog?
Yes, although it isn't a very fancy one.
7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
I always have a mental picture of a person in my head when I'm reading their blog. It's hard not to do. I spent a couple of years imagining that Derek Lowe looked like my old chemistry professor from college. Imagine my surprise when he posted a photograph and turned out to be much younger, better looking, and sans pipe.
8) Admit it. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging?
It saves my family from my rants.
9) Do you think that blogger's society is isolated from the real world or
interaction with events?
Not at all. Most bloggers have real jobs in the real world. Their blogs are hobbies that provide respite. Professional writers are the ones isolated from the real world and meaningful interaction with events.
10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
It annoys me, but most of it turns out to be constructively useful.
11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I don't fear them, but I find some of them to be quite annoying. I do avoid the hateful and intolerant ones, however.
12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Who got arrested?
13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
It will evaporate into cyberair.
14) What song do you like to hear?
How Can I Keep From Singing.
What song would you like to link to on your blog?
15) The next victims?
I'll answer chain letters, but I won't send them. Sorry.
posted by sydney on 9/09/2006 08:35:00 PM 2 comments